Fire destroys Bulloch Co. home - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Fire destroys Bulloch Co. home

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Red Cross) (Source: Red Cross)
BULLOCH CO., GA (WTOC) -

A family is being helped by the volunteers with the American Red Cross Bulloch County Disaster Action Team after fire put them out of their home Saturday afternoon.

It happened at a home on Dink Station Road in Register. Three adults and a 20-month old baby were affected. The Red Cross provided funding for foods, clothes and temporary shelter.

The fire was caused by a malfunctioning dryer that quickly spread. Everyone escaped safely and the family does have insurance, according to the Red Cross

The Red Cross encourages the community to volunteer or make a donation to the American Red Cross at 41 Park of Commerce Way, Building 200, Savannah GA 31405 or by calling 912.651.5300.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow