Firefighters: Hot grill sparks fire left too close to house - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Firefighters: Hot grill sparks fire left too close to house

Posted: Updated:
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

Firefighters say an early morning house fire in north Charlotte started because a hot grill was left too close to the home.

Captain Rob Brisley of the Charlotte Fire Department says firefighters responded to the fire on Spring Park Drive around 6:15 a.m.

Smoke alarms woke people inside the home, allowing them to escape unharmed, Brisley says.

Damages to the house are estimated at $50,000.

A neighboring house also received minor exterior damage due to heat from the fire.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow