SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - The Critz Tybee Run Fest is contributing $70,000 of race proceeds to the Savannah Community Foundation.
The Savannah Community Foundation distributed the donated funds to local organizations that provide services to foster education and healthy lifestyles.
More than 4,000 runners registered for the race, sponsorship and advertising placement made the funding possible, according to a news release.
"We distributed those funds today of $70,000 to nine different organizations. We are really excited, and we had a lot of fun, and we hope we can keep doing it," said Dale Critz Jr., co-founder.
The Critz Tybee Run Fest offers five different races from 1 mile to 13.1 miles. The next run fest will be held in February.
The 2013 race proceed recipients were recognized at a ceremony Wednesday.
- Armstrong Atlantic State University
- Horizons Savannah
- Lady Bamford Early Learning Center
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- Savannah State University
- The Froebel Circle's Fresh Air Home at Tybee
- The Humane Society for Greater Savannah Youth Education Program
- The Tybee Maritime Academy
- Tybee Island YMCA
- Tybee Post Theater
For more information about the race, go to www.critztybeerun.com.