Suspect shot during Norcross home invasion, 2nd suspect at large - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Suspect shot during Norcross home invasion, 2nd suspect at large

Posted: Updated:

Police are searching for a man who reportedly tried to break into a home in the 400 block of Greenway Road in Norcross on Thursday morning.

The homeowner called 911 as two suspects attempted to come into his home.

While he was on the phone, he fired at one of the men who was attempting to come through a window, according to reports.

Gwinnett Medical Center notified police that a man, matching the description of the suspect, had checked into the hospital with a gunshot wound shortly after the 911 call was made. 

The suspect identified as Tajh Guillont, 22, was taken to surgery in serious condition and will remain under guard.

Charges against Guillont have not yet been filed, according to police.

Duluth police believe the second suspect was seen in a black passenger car dropping Guillont off at the hospital.

The suspect's car was later found at an apartment complex a short distance from the hospital.

Friday morning police released the recording of the 911 call made by the homeowner, Omar Killingbeck.

911 OPERATOR: Hello Gwinnett county police.
CALLER: I need you to come to 4797 Greenway Road Norcross, Georgia.
911 OPERATOR: What is going on?
CALLER: Someone is trying to break into my house.
911 OPERATOR:How many people?
CALLER: Two. Can ya'll hurry up?911 OPERATOR:How many people? CALLER:Two. Can ya'll hurry up?

911 OPERATOR: What area of the house are they trying to come into? Your house front door? Back door? Window? Where?
CALLER: In the back right now.
911 OPERATOR: Back of your house? Where are you?
CALLER: I am in the house.
911 OPERATOR: What room are you in?
CALLER: I am in the living room. I can't be talking to you. Can you please send the cops?
911 OPERATOR: The cops are already on the way sir. I need you to stay on the phone and keep the line open. CALLER:Alright. Stay on the phone.

Killingbeck stayed on the phone, but put it down and appears to walk away. Over the next 2 minutes and 30 seconds of the call, you can hear periodic banging noises followed by a loud bang, which police believe that is when Killingbeck fired at the intruders.

CALLER: Hello?
911 OPERATOR:They made it in the house sir?
CALLER: Ahh no. They ahh… opened up the window and I shot at them and now they drove off. You sent the cops already? And they are gone now.

911 OPERATOR: They saw you and then they ran off?
CALLER: I shot at them.
911 OPERATOR: You shot at them? CALLER:Yes. And one of them is bleeding, I see some blood out here.

911 OPERATOR: What type of vehicle did they leave in?
CALLER: They were leaving in a black car.

Duluth police later found a black car at an apartment complex. Investigators said surveillence cameras were recording when 22-year-old Tajh Guillont was dropped off at a Duluth hospital with a gunshot wound. Police said he is a prime suspect in the failed home invasion.

Police are also looking for a second suspect who has not been identified. Anyone with information is asked to call GCPD detectives at 770-513-5300 or Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477).

Copyright 2013 WGCL (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow