Child severely burned on outdoor slide - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Child severely burned on outdoor slide


Authorities say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery.

Authorities said they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.

Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition at Grady Memorial Hospital.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly