EFFINGHAM CO., GA (WTOC) - The Georgia Dept. of Transportation has closed Ga. 17 between Pineora and Blue Jay Road south of Guyton in Effingham County. It will be in effect until sometime Monday, according to the DOT.
Georgia DOT maintenance engineers have completed a damage assessment of the roadway affected by the crash on State Route 17 in Effingham County.
The length of damaged roadway is an estimated 100 yards. Now only Ga. 17 is closed only from Falagan Street to Old Marlow Road.
- Drivers on Ga. 17 southbound will be detoured in Guyton onto State Route 119 north toward Springfield
- Turn right onto S.R. 21south
- Turn on to State Route 30 traveling back to State Route 17
- The stretch of Ga. 17 could reopen as soon as Monday night, weather permitting.
- GDOT crews will be milling out the damaged asphalt then inlay new asphalt and repair shoulders of the roadway.