Red Cross assists 13 people after two-unit apartment fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Red Cross assists 13 people after overnight apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

Volunteers with the American Red Cross Chatham County Chapter are helping two families after a fire early Tuesday morning. 

It happened around 1:45 a.m. at a two-unit apartment at 206 and 208 Scarbrough Street in Savannah. Officials say it was a kitchen fire that caused minor damage, but power had to be shut off to the two units.  

The Red Cross is now helping 8 adults and 5 children, ages 7, 4, 3, 5 and 2 years, with funds for food and temporary shelter until the families can move back in.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow