Red Chute family loses home, dog to fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Red Chute family loses home, dog to fire

Posted: Updated:
It took firefighters about 45 minutes to get the blaze consuming the wood-structured home under control. (Source: David Tuttle/Facebook) It took firefighters about 45 minutes to get the blaze consuming the wood-structured home under control. (Source: David Tuttle/Facebook)
(Source: David Tuttle/Facebook) (Source: David Tuttle/Facebook)
RED CHUTE, LA -

A Bossier Parish family lost their home to fire overnight, and the family dog.

It happened a little after midnight on Bodcau Station Road just south of Hwy 80 in the Red Chute area.

The Bossier Parish Fire District 1 chief says there were people inside the home, but they made it out unharmed.

It took firefighters about 45 minutes to get the blaze consuming the wood-structured home under control.

A resident of the home tells KSLA News 12 that they had just gone inside after celebrating Christmas around a fire pit out front when smoke began to fill the house.

When she went inside to check it out, she found the piano in flames. Bossier Parish Deputy Josh Cagle says there had reportedly been a candle burning on top of the piano earlier in the day, and that it's possible that had something to do with how the fire started.

One family dog was lost in the blaze, but a pit bull puppy survived.

Copyright 2013 KSLA. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow