Recent frigid temperatures are to blame for a propane leak at M&M Mars in Albany.
Albany Firefighters were called due to a gas odor at the plant on Oakridge Drive around 9 a.m. Thursday.
They discovered a relief valve on a 25-thousand gallon tank had malfunctioned and was leaking.
The levels were low and no evacuations were needed but firefighters stood by until repairs could be made.
"With the inclement weather we had the past couple of days, the relief valve probably froze and was malfunctioning. It was doing what is supposed to do and the valves are supposed to relieve pressure," said Assistant Chief Rubin Jordan.
The tank is located behind the plant and the fuel had to be off loaded so crews could replace the faulty valve.