Here are a few tips on how to hire a home improvement contractor.
- If a home improvement project is in your future, be sure to hire a reputable contractor.
- Ask friends and neighbors for references.
- Solicit at least two or three bids from prospective contractors.
- Compare the quality of the materials to be used, as well as the total cost of the project.
- Remember, the lowest bid is not necessarily the best bid.
- Contact your Better Business Bureau for a reliability report on the contractor.
- Find out from your local or state government if the contractor is properly licensed, bonded and insured.
- When you have decided on a contractor, do not sign a contract until you have reviewed it carefully.
- Be sure all agreements and oral promises are covered in the contract.
- Never sign a partial or blank contract.
- Do not pay for the entire job in advance, and do not pay cash to the salesperson or contractor.
- Do contact your local BBB, and/or your state government consumer affairs office for help in resolving any disputes that may arise.
Here is the BBB Business Review for American Roofing and Vinyl Siding.
Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.