An overnight house fire in Savannah has forced two people out of their home on Lyn Avenue.
Fire crews were called out just before 1 a.m. Thursday to a home on Lyn Avenue off of Montgomery Cross Road on Savannah's southside. The two women who were inside the hom made it out of safely.
Officials say they believe the fire started in a utility closet. Investigators will be back at scene Thursday morning to try and determine a cause.
The interior of the home suffered extensive damage. The Red Cross is assisting the women with funds for food, clothing and temporary shelter.
Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.
PO Box 8086
Savannah, GA 31412
FCC Public File
EEO Public File