One dead in Donalsonville fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

One dead in Donalsonville fire

Posted: Updated:
DONALSONVILLE, GA (WALB) -

Firefighters say a space heater is to blame for a fire that claimed the life of a person in Donalsonville Thursday morning.

Police Chief Jimmy Holt said it happened at a home on South Henderson Avenue.

According to family at the scene, Dezra "Rene" Jones died in the fire. There were no immediate reports of other injuries.

Chief Holt said this fire is one of a rising number of cases that involve space heaters in homes.

Copyright 2014 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow