Crews all over the Savannah area are preparing for what this winter weather may bring us.
Pooler Fire Chief Wade Simmons said he is worried about ice building up on trees, falling on power lines and causing power outages.
If outages occur, fire officials want to remind residents to not use a generator inside your home because that can cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
Be sure to keep your portable generator outside. The chief says they will have extra crews on standby because they're worried about black ice.
"Unfortunately, if they have never driven in it, they can't really be prepared for it," said Chief Simmons. "The best thing you can do is slow down, double the space you leave in front of the vehicles and be prepared that something may happen to that vehicle."
The Pooler Fire Department will be working with Chatham County Public Works, which has sand trucks ready to coat the roads.