Burton Fire responds to fire that injured two individuals - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Family of five saved by smoke detector

Posted: Updated:
BURTON, SC (WTOC) -

Burton Fire Department responded to a fire that could of been worse early Sunday morning.

The department responded to a home around 1 a.m., of a family of five, that was alerted via a smoke detector.

The fire was caused by a space heater at the home located on Meranada Circle, just off Broad River Bridge.

Burton Fire was able to put out the fire and only two minor injuries were reported. The properly working smoke detector may of saved the lives of the individuals at the home.

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow