House undergoing renovation catches fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

House undergoing renovation catches fire

Posted: Updated:
CHATHAM CO., GA (WTOC) -

South Side Fire responded to a structure fire just off of Island Road Thursday evening.

According to South Side Fire, a man brought his wife to the house to show her the renovations they worked on in the house earlier in the day.

When the couple arrived, they noticed the house filled with smoke and called the fire department.

It was determined that a faulty flue caused the fire, which spread to the attic. The fire caused minimal damage to the house and no one was hurt.

As a reminder, South Side Fire reminds everyone to check their chimney flue so that similar incidents do not occur.

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow