Fatal mobile home fire in Jenkins County under investigation - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

5-year-old girl killed in mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:
JENKINS CO. (WTOC) -

A 5-year-old girl was killed Friday morning in a mobile home fire in Millen, GA.

Grace Dudley died and that her mother Nicolette Dudley is at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta and her father George Dudley is at the Jenkins County Hospital, according to the  Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner.

Greg Allen, office spokesman, said George Dudley managed to get out of the home with their 9-year-old son Dalton Dudley and were injuried. George Dudley suffered burns when he went back into the home to try to save Grace.

The home had no electricity because of ice storm and they were using a generator at the time of the fire.

Allen said the cause of the fire has been ruled accidential due to an unattended candle in the bathroom that was being used for light.

The commissioner's office urging everyone who is without power and using alternative sources of heat and power to be very careful and use extreme caution.

Check WTOC.com and WTOC on Facebook and Twitter for updates.

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow