Man injured when train overheats in Ridgeland - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Man injured when train overheats

Posted: Updated:

A man suffered injuries after a CSX train overheated on Tuesday afternoon in Ridgeland.

Ridgeland Fire said a train was stopped due to overheating and someone on the train was burned.  

The fire is out, and CSX is headed to the scene.

A conductor and an engineer were the only occupants of the trian, and the engineer was burned and flown to the Augusta Burn Unit.

The engineer was burned as he was putting a hose in to combat the overheating.

The event happened right behind the Ridgeland Fire Dept., and firefighters responded quickly.

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow