Baker Firefighters say unattended cooking is the cause of a house fire that took place Saturday night. The fire happened in the 2400 block of Hovey Street just before 9:00 pm.
According to officials, the fire started in the kitchen when the homeowner fell asleep while frying fish. The fire spread quickly to the cabinets, ceiling and up into the attic, but firefighters were able to extinguish it before it could spread though the home.
No injuries were reported in the fire. The Red Cross was on hand to assist the family that lives in the home.