Two weekend lowcountry fires started in kitchen - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Two weekend lowcountry fires started in kitchen

Posted: Updated:
The fire at Oak Hill Terrace Apartments destroyed the kitchen and the attic space. The fire at Oak Hill Terrace Apartments destroyed the kitchen and the attic space.
The fire at the Stuart Towne Apartments luckily only damaged part of the kitchen. The fire at the Stuart Towne Apartments luckily only damaged part of the kitchen.
BEAUFORT, SC (WTOC) -

The investigation into two weekend fires in Beaufort shows both started in the kitchen area.

The first fire broke out around 11 a.m. on Saturday at Stuart Towne Apartments. Only the kitchen area sustained damage thanks in part to a smoke alarm that alerted residents.

A second fire broke out at Oak Hill Terrace Apartments later on Saturday afternoon. The fire damaged the kitchen and attic space.

Heavy smoke damage also affected the apartment next door, displacing two families.

Fortunately, no one was severely injured, but this makes the third kitchen fire in the last month for the Beaufort-Port Royal Fire Dept.

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow