Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Susan G. Komen - Chicago
Tybon brings over two decades of nonprofit experience to the Komen Chicago
CHICAGO, May 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Susan G. Komen® - Chicago announced today that it has named Susan Tybon as chief executive officer. Tybon brings more than two decades of experience working in nonprofit management to Komen Chicago. She joins Komen Chicago from the Japanese American Service Committee (JASC).
"Susan is a proven leader with an extensive track record of leading non-profit organizations to achieve their goals," said Bonnie Gordon, President of the Board for Susan G. Komen® - Chicago. "She has led diverse organizations throughout her career, beginning her career in several cancer organizations. We are very pleased she is joining our organization and look forward to working with her to achieve our mission of ending breast cancer forever."
Most recently Tybon served as chief executive officer of the Japanese American Service Committee of Chicago (JASC). During her career, she started the second cancer wellness center in the United States and was the founding executive director of the Chicagoland Chapter of Autism Speaks in 2007. Her interest in health and wellness not only propels her vocationally. Tybon holds a Master's degree in community health psychology from University of Missouri and a bachelor's degree in psychology from California State University, Los Angeles.
"Komen Chicago is the leading voice for breast cancer education and early detection in the five-county region," said Tybon. "We have a tremendous opportunity to build upon the efforts that have produced nearly $15 million in funding for essential research and local programs to defeat breast cancer. I look forward to working with our dedicated team of board members, donors, volunteers and employees in pursuing our mission of a world without breast cancer. I am very excited to meet everyone this coming Sunday at our Mother's Day Race for the Cure®."
Registration for the 2014 Mother's Day Race for the Cure is now open. Participants can enjoy one of the few 10k races offered in Chicago. Other race options include a 5k run, a 5k walk and a 1-mile fun walk. Festivities will kick-off at 7:00 a.m. on Mother's Day with special performances, fun events for the entire family, and the traditional survivors' parade. For more information, to sign up, or to volunteer for the race, please visit www.komenchicago.org.
About Susan G. Komen® - Chicago
Susan G. Komen® - Chicago was established in 1997 and holds two Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® events annually in Chicago and Lombard, IL. Komen Chicago has awarded nearly $15 million towards the fight against breast cancer by funding grassroots breast health navigation, breast cancer screening and treatment projects, as well as global research. 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Komen Chicago stay in the Chicagoland area, while the remaining 25 percent supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program for research, with many grants at local Chicago institutions. For more information please call 773-444-0061 or visit www.komenchicago.org.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.