We are learning about a shocking loophole in the Georgia legal system that could allow a convicted sex offender to never have to register with authorities again. And it's possible you would never know it happened. WTOC's Alyssa Hyman has this alarming story on THE News at 6.
Parents and students react after a Bluffton High School employee was arrested on May 24 and charged with assault and battery. Lowcountry Reporter Jonathon Burton has the details at 6 p.m.
As we enter summer in Georgia, the danger of children dying from being left unattended in vehicles increases. WTOC's Jamie Ertle has the story about the risk LIVE at 5:30.
Stay Connected with WTOC:
- Text alerts – Sign up for breaking news and severe weather text alerts delivered to your cell phone
- Email alerts - Sign up to get breaking news in your inbox
- Weather app – Real-time radar, severe weather alerts and more for your iPhone and Android phone
- News app – Latest headlines, video and more from WTOC for your iPhone, Android and Blackberry device.
- Mobile website – Get news, headlines and more at the WTOC On the Go mobile website.
- Social media - Follow WTOC on Facebook and Twitter! Add WTOC to your circles on Google+.