The Captain D's restaurant in Hinesville is expected to reopen Tuesday.
It was closed down for the remaining of the day on Monday after an elderly disabled veteran ran into the side of the building with his car while going through the drive-thru lane.
Firefighters detected gas leaking from the gas box and inside the restaurant and closed it down until a crew member from Atlantic Gas Light could determine the source of the leak.
Investigators say the 73-year-old veteran has a prosthetic leg which got caught between the gas and brake pedals.
"It's a handicap vehicle; the gas pedal has been modified so the pedal is on the left-hand side. He doesn't have a right leg, so the gas pedal has been moved from the right side to the left side, and unfortunately in his vehicle, the pedal was a little too close to the brake pedal and his foot got lodged in between the two," said Officer Richard Boucher, Hinesville Police Department.
Hinesville police say they will not file charges against the man.