OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WTOC 11 News, 11 the News Place, Savannah Ga 31405 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 6/10/14 at 12:00am and ends when WTOC-TV receives 100,000 Facebook fans or 9/01/14 at 12:00am, whichever comes first. This promotion is void where prohibited and subject to local, state and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: in Georgia: Screven, Effingham, Chatham, Bulloch, Bryan, Chandler, Evans, Liberty, Montgomery, Toombs, Tattnall, Long, McIntosh, Jeff Davis, Appling, Wayne, and Bacon and in South Carolina: Hampton, Jasper, and Beaufort, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of WTOC-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per Facebook account will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. If an entrant shares the contest using Facebook's share button, then they will receive Five (5) additional Entries. Winners cannot have won any contest on WTOC or wtoc.com in the last 30 days.
2. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 6/10/14 at 12:00am individuals can log on to www.facebook.com, go to the WTOC-TV Fan Page, and follow the prompts to upload a photo. Entries must be received by the time WTOC-TV receives 100,000 Facebook fans or 9/01/14 at 12:00am, whichever comes first in order to qualify. Entries that fail to upload by the time this promotion ends will be automatically disqualified and not considered. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, network or server failures, slow upload/download speeds, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the Facebook profile submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to the e-mail account used to create the Facebook profile by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the Facebook profile associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s). Entrants agree not to upload, post, or transmit any photo that is obscene, vulgar, derogatory, or inappropriate in any other way. WTOC-TV reserves the right to delete any photo and disqualify any entrant if it determines, in its sole discretion, than the photo is obscene, vulgar, derogatory, or inappropriate.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WTOC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WTOC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information, such as, but not limited to, the entrant's contact information, email address, entry, and the URL of the entrant's social media profile, twitter handle, user name, to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WTOC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s) or the Social Media Sites (as defined below).
3. Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic works contained in his/her entry, including any images, music, videos, and/or literary or written content. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights and privacy rights, contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, each entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant's failure to secure or any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion.
4. File Format(s). Photo submissions should be no greater than 4MB and uploaded/submitted as a jpeg, jpg, or png file.
6. Prize(s). One (1) Winner will be chosen at random to win one $250 Gift Card to the Live Oak Restaurant Group. The gift card can be redeemed at Fiddlers Crab House, Fiddlers Seafood, Molly Mcguires, Dub's, River House Seafood, Spanky's, and Tubby's in Tunderbolt and on River Street. The winner will also receive a WTOC cooler and 4 pair of WTOC sunglasses. The entire prize is valued at $275.00 USD.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
7. How the Prizes are Awarded. When WTOC-TV's Facebook Page reaches 100,000 Fans (or on September 1st 2014) the contest will close and one entrant will be chosen randomly from the entries as the winner. That winner will be notified by email and phone.
8. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A valid driver's license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release prior to receiving the prize(s). Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 11/01/14 at 5:00pm or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTOC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WTOC-TV if WTOC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WTOC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, the winning photo, and all matters incidental thereto, including any information that is publicly available on the winner's social media profile or account, or to which the winner gave Sponsor(s) permission to access, either directly or indirectly, through the Social Media Sites or any related application.
10. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases Facebook from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
11. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTOC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTOC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).