Statesboro house fire sends one firefighter to hospital - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Statesboro house fire sends one firefighter to hospital

Posted: Updated:
STATESBORO, GA (WTOC) -

A house fire in Statesboro sent one firefighter to the hospital on Thursday.

The fire happened around 7:30 p.m. at a home in the 9000 block of Oakfield Drive.

The Red Cross told WTOC the fire started when a motorcycle backfired near a gas can. The family also had medical oxygen tanks in the house, and those exploded.

Luckily the family got out safely. At least one firefighter was taken to the hospital after getting hurt when the roof collapsed.

The Bulloch County branch of the American Red Cross is assisting the family of five that includes two adults and three children.

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow