Gum Branch fire ruled accidental - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Gum Branch fire ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:
LIBERTY CO., GA (WTOC) -

Liberty County officials said the fire on Wells Road in Gum Branch started when one of the seven people living in the home placed an empty pizza box in what was though to be an extinguished fire pit.

The box caught fire and the flames spread to furniture in the carport and into the mobile home.

The fire has been ruled accidental.

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.

  • NewsNewsMore>>

  • SCAD purchases Meddin Studios

    SCAD purchases Meddin Studios

    Thursday, August 28 2014 7:37 PM EDT2014-08-28 23:37:58 GMT
    Meddin Studios has a new owner. The Savannah College of Art and Design announced they have completed a deal, but have not yet finalized the plan of acquisition.More >>
    Meddin Studios has a new owner. The Savannah College of Art and Design announced they have completed a deal, but have not yet finalized the plan of acquisition.More >>
  • Metro officer fired over shooting of unarmed man

    Metro officer fired over shooting of unarmed man

    Thursday, August 28 2014 7:26 PM EDT2014-08-28 23:26:44 GMT
    A Savannah-Chatham Metro Police officer has been fired after shooting an unarmed man. Police have just released details of their internal investigation into officer Bobby Waiters, who was fired last week.More >>
    A Savannah-Chatham Metro Police officer has been fired after shooting an unarmed man. Police have just released details of their internal investigation into officer Bobby Waiters, who was fired last week.More >>
  • Church home premises evicted by mistake

    Church home premises evicted by mistake

    Thursday, August 28 2014 7:22 PM EDT2014-08-28 23:22:06 GMT
    A pastor said the house on his church property was cleared of its contents by mistake. He said a property management company that oversees a home on the same street raided their church house instead.More >>
    A pastor said the house on his church property was cleared of its contents by mistake. He said a property management company that oversees a home on the same street raided their church house instead.More >>
Powered by WorldNow