Smoking causes fire inside Florence hotel room - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Smoking causes fire inside Florence hotel room

Posted: Updated:
The fire was quickly controlled and residents were evacuated from the surrounding rooms. (Source: Anthony Fox) The fire was quickly controlled and residents were evacuated from the surrounding rooms. (Source: Anthony Fox)
Crews arrived on scene at approximately 1:27 p.m. to find a fire in one of the hotel rooms. (Source:Anthony Fox) Crews arrived on scene at approximately 1:27 p.m. to find a fire in one of the hotel rooms. (Source:Anthony Fox)
No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire was careless smoking inside the room. (Source: Anthony Fox) No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire was careless smoking inside the room. (Source: Anthony Fox)

FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - The West Florence Fire Department was dispatched to the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel on West Lucas Street for a reported fire Saturday afternoon.

Crews arrived on scene at approximately 1:27 p.m. to find a fire in one of the hotel rooms, according to Anthony Fox with the WFFD.

The fire was quickly controlled and residents were evacuated from the surrounding rooms.

According to Fox, two engines, a ladder truck and 15 firefighters responded to the incident.

No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire was careless smoking inside the room.

Copyright 2014 WMBF News. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow