Preliminary investigation hints to natural gas build up in house - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Preliminary investigation hints to natural gas build up in house explosion

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

Southside Fire Department officials are in the early stages of their investigation into what caused a house to explode on Wilmington Island at 613 Leaning Oak Drive on Friday, August 1st around 8:20 p.m.

Southside Fire Department says Atlanta Gas Light is now working to investigate the cause of the explosion.

Neighbors have told WTOC there was a smell of gas that lingered in the area shortly before the fire occurred burning one woman who was sent to the Augusta Burn Center in critical condition.

The woman is in her late 50's, she suffered burns on 40 to 60 percent of her upper body.

WTOC will update you as more information becomes available.

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly