In the South, people are more passionate about their college football team than just about anything else.
The editors at Southern Living picked the top 26 college football rivalries across the region for readers and fans to vote for The South's Biggest Rivalry. The voting period is open from August 15 to September 30, 2014 on southernliving.com/rivalry. One vote per day is counted toward the final tally. Votes placed on Saturdays count twice toward the final tally. Vote daily for a chance to win $2,000.
Universities competing for the South's Biggest Rivalry include:
- Auburn vs. University of Alabama
- University of Florida vs. University of Georgia
- Clemson vs. South Carolina
- Mississippi State vs. Ole Miss
- West Virginia University vs. Baylor
For a full list of colleges included in The South's Biggest Rivalry contest, visit: http://www.southernliving.com/rivalry.
In celebration of the South's Biggest Rivalries, the Southern Living Test Kitchen is going on the road this fall to three SEC college towns as part of the Southern Living Tailgate Tour presented by Cobblestone Bread Co.
Southern Living Tailgate Tour event dates:
- October 4, 2014: LSU @ Auburn University
- November 1, 2014: University of Tennessee @ University of South Carolina
- November 29, 2014: Georgia Tech @ University of Georgia