Air conditioner starts fire at Bloomingdale home - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Air conditioner starts fire at Bloomingdale home

BLOOMINGDALE, GA (WTOC) -

An air conditioning unit led to a fire at a house on the 100 block of Canvasback Drive in Bloomingdale around noon causing the house to fill with smoke.

Southside Fire Department responded to the fire and were able to contain it in the back of the house.

The house filled with smoke quickly during the fire because officials say the smoke went up the dryer vent causing the it to spread throughout the house.

Southside fire ventilated the home to remove all the smoke.

No one was injured during the fire and the residence is still livable.

Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly