Greenhouse Catches Fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

11/30/04

Greenhouse Catches Fire

You might have noticed a lot of black smoke coming from Ogeechee Road near Gamble Road this afternoon. But the smoke was worse than the fire itself.

Around 3pm, a greenhouse on Gamble Road caught fire. The owner says he was burning trash in the area on Sunday and apparently didn't put the fire out completely.

Firefirefighters got the situation under control quickly and no one was hurt.

Reported by: Michelle Paynter, mpaynter@wtoc.com

Powered by Frankly