1. Let at least one personal contact and your office know where you are at all times.
2. Don't agree to a private showing unless you've already met a client in your office.
3. Have clients complete an information form (name, copy of driver's license, vehicle information) during open houses and prior to scheduling private showings.
4. Bring a co-worker along.
5. Don't leave a client in your blind spot. Let the client proceed in front of you during a private showing.
6. Drive through the neighborhood prior to a private showing or open house. Be on the lookout for safety concerns.
7. Identify each of a home's exits prior to a showing or open house. Keep exit doors unlocked.
8. Take a self-defense class.
9. Don't allow a client to ride in your car unless you know them well.
10. Don't wear expensive jewelry.
11. Leave your purse in the trunk of your car.
12. Dress professionally.
13. Buy a personal security app for your cell phone, and always keep your cell phone in your hands.
14. Be ready to defend yourself. Travel with pepper-spray.