Members of a Savannah family are counting their blessings after they escaped a fire in their home. It started in their home around 9:30pm in the 900 block of Crosby Street. Firefighters say the fire started in the attic.
All seven members of the family were in the house when the fire began. Luckily everyone got out of the home safely. Some were treated on the scene for smoke inhalation.
The fire didn't destroy the home, but they will not be able to live there until repairs are made.
Reported by: Tomika Downs, firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the Mighty Eighth's Flying Aces has returned more than 70 years after he went missing in World War II.More >>
Licensed gun owners could carry concealed handguns on public college campuses under legislation set for a vote in the state Senate.More >>
Georgia senators have backed legislation allowing concealed handguns on public college campuses.More >>
The Experience Institute is working with the City of Savannah to develop a tourism management plan, helping downtown resident life and the needs of the industry work more harmoniously.More >>
A potential life-saving device donated to Daffin Park after a woman collapsed there playing tennis earlier this month.More >>
Members of Phi Kappa Theta at Georgia Southern served up barbecue plates for a good cause, Tuesday afternoon.More >>