Insurance Company Blames Elberta Fire on Wiring - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

01/25/05

Insurance Company Blames Elberta Fire on Wiring

Cleanup has finally begun at the site of what used to be a Toombs County landmark. Two weeks ago, fire destroyed the Elberta building in Lyons.

Firefighters battled the massive fire through the night and into the early morning hours. They were unable to save the 100-year-old building.

Today, crews using heavy machinery began moving the rubble and cleaning up the mess.

State fire investigators have said the cause may never be known. The insurance company blamed it on old electrical wiring.

Reported by: Ron Wallace, rwallace@wtoc.com

Powered by Frankly