Three cats saved from house fire on Shanklin Rd. - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Three cats saved from house fire on Shanklin Rd.

BURTON, SC (WTOC) -

Burton Firefighters responded to the call of a house fire on Shanklin Road just past 6 p.m. Thursday.

Firefighters found a growing fire in the kitchen and were able to quickly extinguish the flames, confining the fire to the kitchen area. Three cats were rescued from under a bed in a rear bedroom and survived.

The family had escaped the blaze and was outside the home as firefighters arrived.

No injuries were reported.

Beaufort County EMS and Beaufort County Sheriff’s Department also responded.

Copyright 2015 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly