LADY'S ISLAND, SC (WTOC) - The Lady's Island St. Helena Fire District responded to a house fire Friday around 4 p.m. on Lands End Road.
Upon arrival, the crews found a single-wide mobile home with smoke and fire coming through the roof. It was nearly 75 percent involved.
The man living there accidentally knocked over a space heater which caused the fire. He then evacuated the home and called 911.
Once the fire grew, it spread quickly due to the heavy winds.
Red Cross was called and was on scene before crews cleared up nearly three hours later. There were no injuries but the home is a total loss.