CHATHAM CO., GA (WTOC) - The Savannah Chamber of Commerce hosted a military appreciation luncheon at the Westin Thursday.
Military personnel were recognized for their service, and U.S. Army Lt. Gen. John Murray was the keynote speaker for the event.
Awards were also handed out to top local service members of each branch.
"In the Coastal Empire, you can't get away from the military. Between the 165th Airlift and between Hunter Army Airfield and Fort Stewart. You know, they are a demanding presence here. But again, more importantly, they're our friends and they're people we do business with every day," Chamber Chairman Whip Triplett said.
This event was put on by Gulfstream, Nine Line Apparel, Georgia Power and more.
The following were the award recipients of the event:
- Cpl. Clint W. Horton, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield – Outstanding Army Soldier of the year
- Staff Sgt. Chad A. Edsall, United States Marine Corps, Hunter Army Airfield – Outstanding Marine of the Year
- Petty Officer Robert Harris, United States Coast Guard Marine Safety Unit – Outstanding Coast Guard Person of the Year
- Ensign Lance Landers, Savannah State University – Outstanding Naval ROTC Student of the Year
- Senior Airmen Trayvonne A. Baker, 165th Airlift Wing, Georgia Air National Guard – Outstanding Airman of the Year
- Pat Yovich, Savannah Navy League – Outstanding Civilian of the Year