Friday is National Donut Day, a holiday started in 1938 by the Salvation Army to honor its women who served donuts to troops in World War I.
Nowadays, it serves as a good excuse to indulge on your favorite donut flavors/types, while taking advantage of some great local freebies and offers.
Stop by the following locations to celebrate the holiday and receive a FREE donut:
- 5921 Ogeechee Rd. Savannah, GA 31419
- 541 W Oglethorpe Hwy. Hinesville, GA 31313
- 7201 GA Highway 21, Port Wentworth, GA 31407
- 606 Fair Rd. Statesboro, GA 30458
- 2427 Boundary St. Beaufort, SC 29906
- 2749 Skidaway Road, Savannah, GA 31404
- 11506 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31419
A WTOC favorite - Baker's Pride Bakery - is also offering a FREE glazed donut with any purchase on Friday:
- 840 E. DeRenne Ave. Savannah, GA 31405