BEAUFORT CO., SC (WTOC) - The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program will be providing residents of Beaufort County with free training sessions to help increase their self-sufficiency in the event of a disaster.
During CERT classes, participants will learn skills that will enable them to provide emergency assistance to their families and neighbors.
The course is taught in four class sessions, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and one Saturday exercise class 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 2nd – Personal Preparedness and Hazard Mitigation
- Thursday, August 4th – Disaster Medical I
- Tuesday, August 9th – Disaster Psychology/Terrorism Response
- Thursday, August 11th – Disaster Medical II / CERT Organization
- Saturday, August 13th – Fire Suppression / Disaster Search Techniques & Exercise
For more information or to register, contact Major David Zeoli at 843.812.8035, Kris Legg at 843.263.2783, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.