Mother of Beaufort murder victim speaking out - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Mother of Beaufort murder victim speaking out

BEAUFORT, SC (WTOC) -

After a long week, the family says they've finally gotten justice surrounding 30-year-old Nicholas Degros's death.

"I don't have my baby no more... thanks to these two people, but I still wait for a phone call,” said Margaret Negron.

That's the mother of a Beaufort man killed last year by his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend. They've since been charged with his death.

Jasmine Femia and Anthony Ellison faced conspiracy and murder charges. Wednesday, Femia was found guilty and sentenced to 45 years behind bars. Yesterday, Ellison was sentenced to 38 years.

"And now I'm going to go home. I'm going to go fly, just go to the park, run around and flap up my hands and really think of him. I got justice. I got justice. We all got justice,” said Negron.

According to testimony, Femia convinced Ellison to be the triggerman with the promise of a future life together.

Degros was shot and killed last January, just several days before he and Femia were due in court for a child custody hearing.

Copyright 2016 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly