Haz-Mat Crews Clear Pesticide Leak

Something strange in the air forced some people into their homes last night. Around 5pm, neighbors around Tuten Street in Savannah smelled it and called the fire department.

Hazardous materials crews figured out it's a pesticide, Furadan. It makes it hard to breathe and can cause cancer.

The haz-mat teams told people to close their doors and windows while they cleaned it up.

No word yet on where it came from, but things are back to normal on Tuten Street.

Reported by: Liz Flynn, lflynn@wtoc.com