Pooler woman severely burned while grilling on porch - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Pooler woman severely burned while grilling on porch

(Source: WTOC) (Source: WTOC)
POOLER, GA (WTOC) -

A Pooler woman was severely burned while grilling on her porch Friday.

Southside and Pooler Fire responded to Courtney Station Apartments right around 7 after a grill goes up in flames.

According to officials on scene, the woman was attempting to cook on the porch of her apartment. Fire crews want people to know that grills should never be placed on an apartment balcony so close to the siding.

"Other people's lives are here as well. It's not just that one family. It's more than one. It's multiple families. So the best thing to do is not to do it there, if you have a designated area, especially in an apartment complex, to use those areas. It's a lot safer,” said Pooler Fire Capt. Michael Fort.

The apartment building itself suffered minimal damage.

For anyone with a grill, fire officials say to make sure it is clean, clear of grease and in a safe spot.

Copyright 2016 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly