Partly sunny morning holds chances for possible afternoon shower - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Partly sunny morning holds chances for possible afternoon showers

(Source: Raycom Media) (Source: Raycom Media)
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

Atlantic high pressure will extend west into the Southeast coast today while a surface trough remains inland. A weak cold front will likely approach during the middle of the week while low pressure hangs on into the weekend. Another cold front is expected to approach next Sunday.

Sunday will be partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Highs will be in the lower 90s as southwest winds will range between 5 to 10 mph. Sunday evening will be mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows will be in the mid-70s.

Monday will be partly sunny with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Monday night will be mostly cloudy. There will be a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly in the evening. Lows will be in the mid-70s, as southwest winds will blow 5 to 10 mph. There will be a 30 percent chance of rain.  

Tuesday will be partly sunny in the morning, then become mostly cloudy. There will be a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be in the lower 90s. Southwest winds will blow 5 to 10 mph. There will be a 40 percent chance of rain. Tuesday night will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows will be in the mid-70s with a 40 percent chance of rain.

Wednesday will see showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs will run around 90 with a 60 percent chance of rain. Wednesday night will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows will be in the mid-70s with a 40 percent chance of rain.

Thursday will be partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be in the lower 90s with a 50 percent chance of rain. Thursday night will be mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows will be in the mid-70s with a 20 percent chance of rain.

Friday will be partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be in the lower 90s with a 30 percent chance of rain. Friday night will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows will be in the upper 70s with a 30 percent chance of rain.

Saturday will be partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be in the lower 90s with a 40 percent chance of rain.

Copyright 2017 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly