SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday Savannah Fire received a Hazardous Materials call at 42 East Bay Street.
An employee at Cool Savannah Tours & Gifts had an adverse reaction to a form of chemical/substance in the building.
Savannah Fire followed hazmat protocols and evacuated the building until it was determined what was affecting the employee.
Hazmat meters and test kits helped narrow down the problem to a Clorox tablet, used as a bathroom cleaner, which may have gotten into contact with another substance, causing the reaction.
Hazmat crews removed the substance with intentions of investigating what other substance may have been mixed.
Officials say no one was seriously injured or taken to the hospital for further treatment.