SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -
Since 1947, the U.S. Marine Corps has fulfilled a special mission to ensure that needy children have presents for Christmas by holding Toys for Tots drives.
For over a decade, WTOC has been a proud supporter of the Marine Corp's local Toys for Tots drive. Now through December 15th, you can put new unwrapped toys under the Christmas tree in the WTOC reception area during regular business hours.
Many stores throughout the Coastal Empire and Lowcountry are accepting donations as well during Black Friday.
And, Winning Orthodontic Smiles is also accepting donations now through December 15 at their Bluffton office. Winning Orthodontic Smiles is located at 102 Buckwalter Pkwy, Suite 3J, Bluffton, SC 29910.
Click here for a full list of drop-off locations in the WTOC viewing area. If you prefer to make a cash donation instead, you can easily do so through the Toys For Tots Donation Page.
To register for individual family's toy requests this year, see the following list to find the closest location to you in order to request toys. Please do not contact your local Toys for Tots coordinator for individual toy requests.
- Rincon Police Department - 912.826.5200 - 107 W 17th Street, Rincon, GA
- Effingham County Sheriff's Office - 912.754.3449 - 130 East 1st Street, Springfield, GA
- First Union Missionary Baptist Church - 912.856.9582 - 408 5th Ave., Guyton, GA
*Requirements to receive assistance: Photo ID, proof of residence (lease or electric bill), SS card or birth certificate for each member of the household, proof of household income (check stubs if working or DSS printout if not), and all bills for the household*
- Salvation Army - 912.352.7584 - 300 Bee Road
- Habersham YMCA - 912.354.6223 - YMCA, 6400 Habersham Street
- Greaterworks IOJCC - 912.276.9644 - 3205 Waters Avenue
- Salvation Army - 843.524.3727 - 2505 North Street, Beaufort. Date and time slots for the toy shop will be provided during registration. Requirements to receive toys: SC ID card, proof of residence (lease or electric bill), birth certificate for all children, custody papers for foster children, if raising grandchildren or nieces/nephews, 1099 if self-employed, and paperwork if you own your home. Proof of all current income from all sources: work, food stamps, AFDC, social security, child support, financial assistance for foster children, VA pension, Alimony, Unemployment/WC. If you do not have income, the person you live with must bring their income and expenses and they must apply with you. Proof of all current expenses - rent/mortgage, gas, cable, auto loan, auto expenses, charge cards, child support, furniture payment, electric, water, food, household, medical insurance, medical expenses, all loans, alimony, child care expenses, phone and cell phone (including pre-paid).
- Love House Ministries - 843.525.1043. Requirements to receive assistance: Photo ID, proof of residence (lease or electric bill), SS card or birth certificate for each member of the household, proof of household income (check stubs if working or DSS printout if not), and all bills for the household.
- Hilton Head Island Registration - Deep Well - 843.785.2849. Requirements to receive toys: current utility bill (electric, phone, water, or cable) with your name and address on it, a valid phone number and wish list for your children. Also, be prepared to provide names, birthdates, and the school your children attend.
- Bluffton Registration - Bluffton Self Help - 843.757.8000 - 39 Sheridan Park Circle. Requirements to receive toys: proof of residence in Beaufort, Jasper, or Hampton counties, current utility bill with your name and address o nit, photo ID of parent, a working phone, birth certificates for all children requesting toys (if you are not the child's parent you must provide documentation of legal custody/guardianship), social security or identification number for children, and name of child's school.
- Bluffton Self Help 2017 - 843.757.8000 - 39 Sheridan Park Circle, Bluffton
- Antioch Tarboro Center - 370 Pinehaven Road in Tillman
- Antioch/Ridgeland - 456 Grays Highway, Ridgeland
- Agape Family Life Center - 843.784.6008 - 5855 South Okatie Highway, Hardeeville
- Community First - 888.415.0937 - 2693 Levy Road, Hardeeville
*Requirements to receive toys - proof of residence (lease or electric bill), photo ID of parent and birth certificate for each child in the household. If you are not the child's parent you must provide documentation of legal custody/guardianship), social security or identification numbers for children, and the name of the school you child attends.*
*Please note that names will be checked to ensure that families register for only one program.*