SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Visitor restrictions have been implemented at St. Joseph's/Candler Health System hospitals due to the increasing number of flu cases in the area.
For the last three weeks, the health system states the number of influenza-like cases has been above the state baseline.
Here are the restrictions being implemented:
- Do not visit any St. Joseph’s/Candler patient if you have any signs or symptoms of influenza.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit any patients at St. Joseph’s/Candler.
- Those under the age of 18 cannot visit patients at the Telfair Birthplace at Candler Hospital unless they are the primary caretaker.
- Only children seeking treatment should come to the hospitals.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to wait for family in any waiting area.
- Patients can only receive two visitors at a time.