Unattended incense sticks ruled cause of overnight house fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Unattended incense sticks ruled cause of overnight house fire

(Source: WTOC) (Source: WTOC)
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

Savannah Fire responded to a house fire overnight on the Southside.

Firefighters were dispatched to a home in the 100 block of Peachtree Road just before 11 p.m. Tuesday night. They say a fire began in the home when smoldering incense ignited bedding in one of the rooms.

The fire was contained to the room, which sustained heavy damage. The entire house sustained severe smoke damage. Power to the home had to be cut and two adult residents were displaced.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2017 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly