SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Due to the extreme winter weather conditions that are forecast for the early part of this week, the following school systems have announced school re-openings or delayed start times for Monday, Jan. 8:
- Ash Tree Academy will remain closed on Monday, Jan. 8, and will resume regularly scheduled classes on Tuesday, Jan. 9.
- Beaufort County School District will re-open schools on Monday, Jan. 8. Buses will run two hours later than normal, and staff and students will report two hours later than normal.
- Bridges Prep will re-open on Monday, with a two-hour delay.
- Jasper County Schools will re-open on Monday, and buses will run on a two-hour delay. Elementary school instruction time will begin at 9:30 am. Middle & High school instruction time will begin at 10:30 am. Central Services Staff report time - 10 am.
- Jasper County Board of Disabilities and special needs will open at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 8.
- John Paul II Catholic School will re-open on Monday at 10 a.m.
- Odum Learning Academy will reopen Monday, Jan. 8 at 7 a.m.
- Savannah-Chatham County Schools All SCCPSS schools and district facilities will open and operate on regular schedule Monday, Jan. 8.
- Weekday Ministry of First Baptist Church of Rincon Preschool programs will remain closed until Monday, Jan. 8.
The following businesses/medical facilities/cities have announced closures or special hours:
- Curtis V. Cooper Primary Health Care, Inc. will reopen for extended business hours on Friday from 8-5 and the following Monday and Wednesday from 8-7.
- Hardeeville City Council meeting canceled and rescheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 6 p.m.
If you would like to add a closing to the list, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the school, date of closure and your official title with the district, school, business, etc.