GARDEN CITY, GA (WTOC) - According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, these five factors pose the highest risk for foodborne illness and are therefore of top concern to restaurant inspectors:
- Purchasing food from unsafe sources.
- Failing to cook food adequately.
- Holding food at incorrect temperatures.
- Using contaminated equipment.
- Practicing poor personal hygiene.
A restaurant found doing any of the above could receive a nine point deduction, the highest category of deduction. Any of violation of that order immediately requires a restaurant to correct the error at the time of inspection.