EFFINGHAM CO., GA (WTOC) - Effingham County investigators have arrested two juveniles and are actively investigating numerous threats to county schools.
After the lockdown and investigation at South Effingham High School on Thursday, investigators say copycats are in full swing Friday. Below is a list of threats received and investigated by ECSO in the last two days.
- March 1 - South Effingham High School - unsubstantiated
- March 1 - South Effingham Middle School - unsubstantiated
- March 2 - South Effingham High School - juvenile arrested
- March 2 - Effingham County High School - unsubstantiated
- March 2 - South Effingham Middle School - unsubstantiated
- March 2 - Effingham Career Academy - unsubstantiated
- March 2 - Ebenezer Middle - juvenile arrested on bus
Investigators are actively and diligently working to identify the people making these threats. When they are identified, they'll be arrested and charged. Sheriff McDuffie has plans to petition the school board to add a day onto the end of the school year for every day disrupted by these threats.