Memorial Day brings showers, possible thunderstorms

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Deep, tropical moisture on the east side of Tropical Cyclone Alberto will spread into the region later Sunday and linger into the middle of next week, resulting in unsettled weather.

Sunday will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers in the morning. Showers with a chance of thunderstorms will be in the area Sunday afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall is possible in the afternoon with highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds will be around 5 mph, increasing to the east 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. There is a 90 percent chance of rain. Sunday night brings a chance of thunderstorms with showers mainly in the evening. Locally heavy rainfall is possible in the evening with lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds will be 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. There is a 90 percent chance of rain.

Showers are likely with a chance of thunderstorms on Memorial Day. Highs will be in the mid-80s with southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. There is a 60 percent chance of rain. Monday night will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows will be in the lower 70s. South winds will be 10 to 15 mph with a 50 percent chance of rain.

Showers are likely with a chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday. Highs will be in the mid-80s with south winds 10 to 15 mph. There is a 70 percent chance of rain. Tuesday night will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows will be in the lower 70s with a 40 percent chance of rain.

On Wednesday showers are likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs will be in the mid-80s with a 70 percent chance of rain. Wednesday night will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows will be in the lower 70s with a 30 percent chance of rain.

Thursday is expected to be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be in the upper 80s. There is a 50 percent chance of rain. Thursday night will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows will be in the lower 70s with a 50 percent chance of rain.

Friday will be partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be in the upper 80s with a 40 percent chance of rain. Friday night will be mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows will be in the lower 70s with a 20 percent chance of rain.

Saturday is expected to be partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be around 90. There is a 40 percent chance of rain.

Copyright 2018 WTOC. All rights reserved.